Rumi quote

Load the ship and set out. No one knows for certain whether the vessel will sink or reach the harbor. Cautious people say, "I'll do nothing until I can be sure". Merchants know better. If you do nothing, you lose. Don't be one of those merchants who wont risk the ocean. - Rumi

Thursday, January 3, 2008

First Day in Boerne

Hi :))) (scroll down for new pictures of downtown Boerne)

Hope you are all doing well and enjoying the beautiful California weather! It was a nice sunny day here today, but a bit cooler than I'm used to - 50 degrees. Susan's son, Ryan, took me downtown today and showed me around a bit. It's really adorable! The buildings are old, but well cared for, and I'm told San Antonians like to come visit Boerne for the antique shopping (lots of great antique stores!).

Just outside of the main strip runs the Cibolo River - it's beautiful, and I think may be a great place for taking walks. Ryan says it's okay to walk barefoot through the river, but if I see a black snake swimming nearby I should run, and fast!

I hope you are all doing wonderful and thanks for sharing this trip with me. I'll put some more pictures up next week, after I've had a chance to get acclimated a bit. Hugs and Smiles, Rhonda

No comments: